Sales & Guest Experience Team Member
Where we work
Stock Island Marina Village is a 220 slip full-service marina that accommodates boats from 35 feet up to 350 feet. We are set amidst a 40 acre campus that also includes food experiences, a dog park, community gardens, and a 100-room boutique hotel. Currently in Phase Three of construction including the addition of 44 more slips and an event space with a pool, bar and restaurant. A&B Marina is a 45 slip full-service marina that accommodates boats from 35 feet up to 200’. A&B Marina is located in the heart of Downtown Key West in the Historic Seaport and is accompanied by restaurants and bars. Some of our guests join us for a few days and some of them stay for a year. It is our mission to provide the best marina experience possible for all guests seeking to experience Key West and all its exciting opportunities.
Key Focus and Essential Functions
To interact with boat owners, boat captains, and referral networks concerning to affect sales by email and telephone; to make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests in a pleasant, professional and efficient manner, creating a positive impression and helping to increase Marina occupancy and generate loyal guests and return business.
What we need
- Consistently provide an excellent guest experience with a passion and commitment for promoting Stock Island Marina Village and A&B Marina
- Answer incoming telephone and email inquiries, and handle problems or concerns efficiently and professionally
- Operate various computer applications while on the phone, multitasking efficiently
- Describe and promote Marina amenities
- Convert incoming inquiries into reservations
- Obtain all designated information to book a reservation; accurately input information into the computer system following established procedures and at the appropriate rates
- Maintain full knowledge of current available slips, their location, and layout
- Determine slip rates based on the rate structure in place with knowledge of the benefits of all rate structures
- Communicate and implement the Marina’s policy on reservations, cancellations, and no-shows including deposits required and how to accept and refund payments
- Prepare the daily Hot Sheet detailing scheduled arrivals and departures
- Use appropriate software to check in guests upon arrival and check them out upon departure
- Utilize dock walk reports from dockhands to ensure all vessels are in their assigned slip and that no vessels are unaccounted for.
- Upland/Commercial Space Rentals
- Perry Hotel Bookings and Affiliated Experiences
- Collect slip fees and process security deposits and payments
- Be aware of all Ship Store procedures and assist with Front Desk duties
- Perform basic POS functions and handle transactions
- Sell gasoline, diesel, and marine supplies
- Direct boat traffic to the Marina
- Advise and assist in docking vessels at slips and at fuel dock
- When necessary, open the Ship Store in the morning or close it down at the end of day
- Revenue goals – define monthly/quarterly and annual revenue goals with the Marina Manager
Who We Want
We want someone who exceeds our guests’ expectations by delivering confident and friendly service in a professional, knowledgeable and accommodating way; someone who enjoys working as part of a team, who is reliable, demonstrates a good work ethic, and must have reliable transportation. All candidates must bring a positive attitude to work, co-operating closely with team members to ensure that Stock Island Marina Village and A&B Marina are the best they can be. Local knowledge of the area is preferred. Work hours may include weekends and holidays.
- Reasonable knowledge of general office practices and procedures; systematic filing and retrieval processes; word processing; English composition, spelling, grammar and arithmetic; general
- Skill in use of computer applications and programs including booking software, word processing, scanning, file storage, and email.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written forms; estimate and manage time efficiently; courteously meet and deal effectively with other employees and the public; ability to work alone.
- Reliability, a good work ethic, and your own transportation are a must!
Complete the inquiry form and upload your resume, we look forward to working with you.